Presenting this months’ SEO/SEM related blog posts from SEOmoz. As a company based in France specialising in effective SEM and SEO we are always on the lookout for helpful hints and advice, we believe SEOmoz delivers this and more.
Five Ways To Use Your Social Profiles For SEO
1) Direct links – two fold strategy, both direct and indirect traffic providers.
2) Social media SERP domination – build followings with informative, interesting content.
3) Brand awareness – maintain and enhance your company’s ideals.
4) Drive traffic and second links – through interaction with others.
5) Create website content out of your social media sites (interesting tweet conversations, Youtube videos that are relevant etc).
Why Most Conference Presentations Suck
Reputation Management SEO: 6 Advanced Tactics
Maintain your own listings more effectively and avoid unwanted negative Google results.
6 Technical SEO Strategy Tips for Better Traffic and Rankings
1) Leverage UGC (review content) beyond the product page
2) Use “other users found this document for”
3) Consider delivering search engine friendly URLs in your internal site search results
4) Microformats are really gaining traction – be creative with them
5) Work hard to resolve errors and improve site speed
6) Watch your homepage title in Google’s SERPs
Content Marketing That Stands Out
A few tips on how to make your site content stand out from the crowd.
Making “Reference” Content Rank Well in the SERPs
Tips on how to get your reference content to the top of Google SERPs.
Serious Robots.txt Misuse & High Impact Solutions
A look at how bots may not always do what they are designed to do. Bots including Google and Yahoo that follow instructions from robots.txt files won’t index content from the page but will still put the page up in their own index causing it to show in SERPs
Ranking for Keyword + Cityname in Multiple Geographies
Tactical thinking behind improving companies with multiple city locations rank higher on SERPs
So You Call Yourself an Analyst? Part 3: Less Talk, More Do
How important are images and more importantly their alt text to SEO and how can we use it to our advantage?
Crafting an SEO Budget to Maximise ROI
5 Quick Google Analytics Hacks
Traffic “Bait” and Ad Clicks: Perfect Market’s Study Isn’t Telling the Whole Story
Following on from Perfect Market’s research claiming that soft news stories drives more online traffic to major news publisher’s sites than national and international headlines, sparking further analysis into the relative traffic value of site content. SEOmoz asks whether the bigger picture is being examined.
A warning to any unwary users when handling Google’s Canonical tag.
Are Exact Match Domains Too Powerful? Is Their Time Limited?
Hot topic – is Google and Bing too biased towards exact match domains in the rankings?
The Definitive Guide to Awesome Web Content
2 Actionable SEO Metrics you’re Probably Missing
2 actionable SEO metrics that may help explain why your Google positioning can be up one week and down the next.
How To: Allow Google to Crawl your AJAX Content
Problem – you want to use AJAX to allow faster content download and a more enjoyable user experience but these websites can be difficult, if not impossible for Google to crawl.
Find the Question to your Yahoo Answers!
Drive more traffic to your site through Yahoo Answers.
Complete Guide to Rel Canonical – How To and Why (Not)
Scary SEO Mishaps – Whiteboard Friday
5 Datasets You Can Buy and Use for SEO (and a few for free!)