The cream of the crop from SEOmoz’s in depth blog on all things SEO/SEM related. As a company who specialise in effective SEM, we in France found plenty to think on in this month’s posts – so we thought we’d share.
01/09 Day 1 at the SEOmoz Training Raceway
Topics covered –
- ‘How to pitch SEO’
- ‘Analysis – metrics and conversions’
- ‘Site architecture and best practices for big site SEO’
- ‘Constructing effective SEO audits’
02/09 Four Creative Link Building Tactics
1) Giving Testimonials – Writing a positive testimonial for another website stating that they are free to reference it as a direct quote from you/your business will create automatically embedded links to your site.
2) Design Galleries – Often very useful for visitors well designed galleries are often featured on sites like CSS elite , encouraging more links and visitors as well as raising your sites credibility.
3) Press Sourcing – Offer your businesses services as a credible source for reporters writing relevant articles. Once published online and fully credited it will provide new links.
4) Turning new numbers into a data story – Build articles, summaries and graphs out of company data. Anyone wanting to refer to such data will have to link to its source – you.
04/09 LDA – Is On-Page Optimization the SEO Secret?
A look at how Google may assign relevance to keyword terms based on context or topical relevance and how to use it to our advantage using LDA
06/09 Latent Dirichlet Allocation (LDA) and Google’s Rankings are Remarkably Well Correlated
Researching concepts of topic modelling and vector space models and their relation to information retrieval. Plus another look at LDA.
08/09 Priceless CRO Advice for $224
09/09 Discussing LDA and SEO
A discussion on LDA and SEO and the relationship between them.
13/09 SEO Strategy: Predicting Yearly Site Traffic
14/09 Link Building 101 – The Almost Complete Link Guide
14/09 Build Your Own Weighted Sort (GA Style)
15/09 What You Need to Know About the #NewTwitter
An introduction to the new twitter interface, extra focus has been made to improve user experience with in stream multi-media expansions, better search capabilities and a more fluid feel to the site as a whole.
15/09 LDA correlation 0.17 not 0.32
16/09 Optimizing SEO Resources
Provides 3 main categories to explain optimising SEO resources.
1) Define Tools
2) Calculate impact vs effect
3) Document repeatable processes
19/09 Location-Based Social Networking for Events & Conferences
An Interview about the benefits of Foursquare for event and conference updates.
21/09 How to Convince your Boss that CRO is a Win
21/09 Google Instant: Fewer Changes to SEO than the Average Algo Update
Diagrams and graphs suggesting Google Instant changes less than your average algorithmic update.
*Note very little change in keyword demand.
22/09 So You Call Yourself an Analyst? Part 1: Asking the Right Questions
23/09 Video SEO Basics
Video SEO – an untapped market?
26/09 Replace Yahoo Linkdomain with Google Custom Search Engine
Google tips Yahoo in functionality.
28/09 The Danger of Overdoing SEO
An overview of what an over SEO’d website looks like and how to avoid it.
28/09 So You Call Yourself an Analyst? Part 2: Analysis Redefined
29/09 How to Turn Google Analytics Into Your Own Rank Tracker Using Custom Variables
Achieve further in depth analysis for SEO using custom variables to their advantage.