Good morning Monaco! The Monaco Yacht Show 2012 has arrived and Relevance Web Marketing has been invited to the Fraser Yachts’ annual opening breakfast. This year it is on board the majestic super yacht IDOL, the yacht many experts believe will be the star of this year’s show. M/Y IDOL is a 58.90m super yacht built by Austal Yachts in 2007 and refitted just last year.
Our breakfast is being hosted by Marketing Director, Patrick Coote and CEO of Fraser Yachts, Hein Velema. Relevance Director Rumble Romagnoli and Account Manager Gillon Hunter have been invited on board along with some of the show’s visiting journalists.
Exclusive First Glimpse of the Monaco Yacht Show 2012
Patrick Coote addresses those assembled. « Welcome to Monaco, this is an informal chance to talk with us at Fraser Yachts, meet some of your industry colleagues and hear a little about what we’ve been up to this last year.
Fraser Yachts are delighted to be celebrating their 65th anniversary in 2012. I know I speak for myself and those that work at Fraser Yachts when I say that we are incredibly proud to be associated with a company of such pedigree. A company that was started in one office in California by David Fraser in 1947 and now has over 130 employees and 11 offices worldwide. »
Patrick concludes, « Last year ended on a high for us, as Fraser Yachts become the market leaders in super yacht brokerage with 45 superyachts sold on their books. Lets hope this year ends on the same. »
With this the stage is handed over to Hein Velema, CEO. Now for the figures.
« Good morning. Brokerage had a good start to the year till April when unfortunately we saw a decline in yachts over 50m selling. However, Fraser Yachts market share is still increasing with sales of yachts over 30m.
Our figures show the market is currently at 2010 levels. 12% of yachts on the market have been sold this past year, however this still leaves 88% still unsold. Yacht prices have been stable since 2009 and since then Fraser Yachts has sold approximately 150 yachts but it is still a buyers market. Yacht owners eager to sell have been known to drop their price considerably to guarantee the sale. Some buyers are even negotiating as low as 60% off the yachts asking price. »
Hein continues. « In construction the news is more positive for builders. Many of those considering investment are of the opinion that it is better to start a 4 year construction project than buying new now.
Within the charter industry we are seeing an increase of yachts available to charter. This has given individuals more choice and seen a rise of 10% in chartered yachts. The three largest charter markets at present are; the USA, Russia and Brazil in that order.
We are seeing a decrease in charterers visiting the Italian coastline, largely due to Italy’s recently enforced VAT laws. This has led to a rise in chartered yachts visiting the shores of Croatia, Montenegro and Turkey. »
And with that our breakfast is over. We are thanked for our time and wished a very pleasant Monaco Yacht Show 2012. Something tells us that won’t be too difficult to achieve.
More news to follow from this yacht marketing company in Monaco.