The cream of the crop from SEOmoz’s in depth blog on all things SEO/SEM related. As a company who specialise in effective SEM, we in France found plenty to think on in this month’s posts – so we thought we’d share.
Topics covered –
- ‘How to pitch SEO’
- ‘Analysis – metrics and conversions’
- ‘Site architecture and best practices for big site SEO’
- ‘Constructing effective SEO audits’
1) Giving Testimonials – Writing a positive testimonial for another website stating that they are free to reference it as a direct quote from you/your business will create automatically embedded links to your site.
2) Design Galleries – Often very useful for visitors well designed galleries are often featured on sites like CSS elite , encouraging more links and visitors as well as raising your sites credibility.
3) Press Sourcing – Offer your businesses services as a credible source for reporters writing relevant articles. Once published online and fully credited it will provide new links.
4) Turning new numbers into a data story – Build articles, summaries and graphs out of company data. Anyone wanting to refer to such data will have to link to its source – you.
A look at how Google may assign relevance to keyword terms based on context or topical relevance and how to use it to our advantage using LDA
Researching concepts of topic modelling and vector space models and their relation to information retrieval. Plus another look at LDA.
09/09 Discussing LDA and SEO
A discussion on LDA and SEO and the relationship between them.
An introduction to the new twitter interface, extra focus has been made to improve user experience with in stream multi-media expansions, better search capabilities and a more fluid feel to the site as a whole.
16/09 Optimizing SEO Resources
Provides 3 main categories to explain optimising SEO resources.
1) Define Tools
2) Calculate impact vs effect
3) Document repeatable processes
An Interview about the benefits of Foursquare for event and conference updates.
Diagrams and graphs suggesting Google Instant changes less than your average algorithmic update.
*Note very little change in keyword demand.
23/09 Video SEO Basics
Video SEO – an untapped market?
Google tips Yahoo in functionality.
An overview of what an over SEO’d website looks like and how to avoid it.
Achieve further in depth analysis for SEO using custom variables to their advantage.