Relevance’s summary of Moz’s top 10 makes for very interesting reading this week, with large-scale changes across internet giants, Google, Twitter and Facebook, as well as some new ways of thinking about SEO. Read on to get the latest updates:
1. Sixteen new experiments challenge long-held views on SEO.
Think you know all there is to know about SEO? James Reynolds has conducted 16 fascinating SEO experiments that might force you to re-think your strategy. Have a look to ensure you’re making every word count.
2. Match your SEO to your business type with a handy checklist.
A comprehensive SEO checklist by Miriam Ellis will help you connect your customers to your storefronts. A must-read to safeguard your online presence.
3. Three steps to hooking your users: an intro to habit testing
Nir Eyal coaches you on “building products that users not only love but are hooked to”; the ultimate guide for building a truly compelling product.
4. Stop writing like a robot
Learn to write like a real human with Amy Thibodeau’s tactical advice for anyone writing product content or anything that you want a human response to.
5. New WordPress plugin easily creates Facebook Instant Articles
Jennifer Slegg shows you how to easily push your WordPress articles onto facebook in time for the launch of Facebook Instant Articles on April 12th. Make sure you’re not left behind.
6. A handy new tool syncs Moz Local with Google My Business
This helpful tool helps you manage your managers in Google My Business by making it easy for you to audit, add and remove them in bulk. Download it for free to stay organized and up-to-date.
7. How to optimize your website in 4 hours
Sure, we’re busier than ever but that’s all the more reason why your site should work harder. Optimization expert Angus Lynch explains how to increase conversions with just a few hours work.
8. Using innovation to increase your newsletter subscription
Is an email newsletter part of your content and marketing plan? Then let Toby Urff show you examples of how to improve your subscriber numbers and ultimately increase your conversions.
9. Survey results: SEO Consultancy & agency pricing, structure & services
Peer under the bonnets of American and Canadian consultancy and agency SEO machines with this report from Rand Fishkin. What do they offer? How much do they charge?
10. Photographers demonstrate that customer experience is all about the marketing.
Create the story that sells the product by learning how to capitalize on your marketing power with this fascinating piece by Joel Comm.