A few insights into Google’s average position metric from their Chief Economist.
Adwords will be retiring position preference bidding feature in early May. Those using the feature are advised to disable this feature prior to May to avoid any unforeseen complications in transition.
Think with Google: Search Ads Affect Offline Sales Too
Time and time again online marketing leads to in-store purchases by customers. Highlights of effective marketing can lead to an increase in in-store sales, greater return on ad spend and collateral improvements in general sales. Understanding this effect goes a long way to preparing companies for their next campaign.
Ad innovations is a Google site that allows you to try out new Adword marketing technologies. Previously available only in the USA it has now been released in the UK, Germany, Spain, France, Italy and Brazil.
Adwords makes it easier to discover when you’ve have been effected by landing page or site policy problems.
- Enable ad sitelinks
- Optimise your ad text for longer headlines
- Link a Google places account to a campaign to show location extensions
- Get reviewed to show seller rating extensions
- Link a Merchant Centre account to a campaign to show product extensions
Since the success of Google.com’s ‘instant previews’ feature, that allows searchers to see a graphic preview of their search results and highlights the most relevant sections on the page. Google has now implemented this feature into Adwords allowing users to see the home page to the listed ads.
Interesting figures suggest time spent making mobile ads could be well worth it.
- 71% of smartphone users search because of an ad they’ve seen either online or offline
- 82% of smartphone users notice mobile ads
- 74% of smartphone shoppers make a purchase as a result of using their smartphones to help with shopping
- 88% of those who look for local information on their smartphones take action within a day