Although the fundamentals of SEO remain consistent, algorithm updates and search trends continuously evolve and influence the ways in which marketers execute optimisation across their campaigns. If you’re not staying on top of key website metrics, it’s almost impossible to figure out what SEO trends are working.
As SEO techniques advance this year, your strategy is likely to change too. Below are the top 10 proven tips to improve website search Relevance’s Founder, Rumble Romagnoli, has taken from the Brighton SEO 2022 marketing conference – the absolute musts you need to consider to improve website visibility on search engines this year.
Google Shopping: How to 2x your return on ad spend (ROAS)
The difference between a good shopping feed and an excellent shopping feed can make or break your ROAS. To scale clients and improve website visibility with Google Shopping:
- Go for the long tail when optimising your shopping feed.
- Utilise the 80/20 rule – 20% of your products are the leading sellers.
- Optimise every possible shopping feed attribute.
- Supercharge your shopping feed with multiple product categories.
- Use high-resolution imagery to make products stand out.
- Set up Performance Max as your campaign type.
How to launch a new product successfully on Amazon
There are millions of products on Amazon, and launching a new product can be challenging. To be able to launch products successfully, while improving website visibility:
- Use AMALYZE for Amazon keyword research and reverse Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN) search.
- Concentrate on volume.
- Use the search terms area and optimise for website search.
- Use infographics as images.
- Use Amazon Born to Run.
- Use Auto Campaigns on Amazon Ads.
How to go viral on a budget
Going viral is not a strategy but a highly impactful result of strong PR and link-building content with a simple story. To give yourself the best possible chance of going viral:
- Execute emotion – make sure your campaign evokes a palpable emotion.
- Identify a trend you want to target.
- Draw inspiration from more established product campaigns.
- Identify your audience and where they consume media.
- Utilise trending hashtags to improve website visibility.
- Curate a well-crafted pitch and press release that sells your story.
- Source the best journalists and publications to sell your story.
- Tap into TV, radio and regional or industry-specific publications.
Understanding the role of content in buying
Creating targeted content for a specific point in your buyer’s journey is difficult if you are not using the right content. To overcome this with proven tips to improve website search:
- Always keep the consumer at the heart of your content.
- Understand the buyer’s persona and the nuances in consumer behaviour.
- Follow the Awareness-Consideration-Decision rule.
How agencies can deliver effective reports
Typically, SEO reports track the wrong metrics, overload the client with too much information and include redundant information. To create reports with proven tips to improve website visibility that clients will understand:
- Only include the most essential data for the client.
- Always show the client how you have solved the problem, not how you got there.
- Solutions must always form part of the report.
- Tell a visual story with data.
- Keep the report short and succinct on a single page.
- Highlight the ultimate goal.
Understanding comprehensive topic clusters
Topic clusters are a group of content that revolves around a central topic and uses the pillar cluster approach to the link between related content pieces. It is an effective way to improve website visibility where the focus is on topics rather than keywords. It can also help you build authority in a relevant subject.
- Select the content you want to build authority on.
- Conduct extensive audience research.
- Conduct a content audit – look for all content related to this topic.
- Turn to your audience – what they need to know and what solutions they need.
- Undergo keyword gap analysis.
- Turn to social media to assess popular trends, hashtags and themes.
- Match keywords to different stages of the purchaser’s journey.
Using search intent to build links
Natural links are the backbone of the internet and are a tested way to improve website visibility. While outreach for link building is incredibly beneficial, it is also hard to scale. In order to find these opportunities, search engine marketing (SEM) experts must:
- Use PPC to gain website traffic.
- Take advantage of the long-tail variants.
- Optimise for featured snippets.
- Structure content so that journalists are able to find the relevant information and add sources.
How to EAT links
Low-quality pages can have a negative impact on any user and decrease website visibility on search engines. For that reason, E-A-T (Expertise – Authority – Trustworthiness) is something that needs to be embedded in any content strategy, and it involves:
- Assigning experts to your content.
- Frequently updating your website content.
- Implement an on-site review strategy.
- Make sure your perception across the wider web is positive and does not vary wildly from one place to another.
- Disavow spam links.
Why scaling great content is hard
Maintaining editorial standards is challenging, especially if you do not want to compromise the quality that will get you the ranks you need. To overcome this with proven tips to improve website search:
- Systemise as much as you can.
- Introduce peer reviewers to effectively subject the author’s work to the scrutiny of other experts in the field.
- Hire talented writers.
Strategy vs tactics – which is more important
Strategy vs tactics is one of the longest-running debates in the search engine marketing industry. Here, we explain which is more important and why it matters to your marketing activity.
- Strategy is where you are going, and tactics are how you will get there.
- Tactics should always come before strategy.
- Always have an end goal.
- Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
- It is not one or the other – it is both.
Relevance is a full-service digital marketing agency that helps luxury brands reach and engage with their target audience. Our experts are able to harness the latest industry techniques and trends to create SEO strategies that deliver exceptional results. If you require support on any of the proven tips to improve website search or any other digital marketing services, then contact Relevance today.